The introduction of a proven community of beneficial bacteria in situations like these can be an
effective strategy for helping to clean ponds, lakes and for improving results in aquaculture
Legacy BioSolutions produces CLEAR Water Quality Probiotics™ in response to needs like
these. The product comprises a broad selection of beneficial bacteria proven to work in bodies
of water to clean ponds, lakes, and reservoirs through natural microbial action. CLEAR contains
a self-contained oxygen-generating system that keeps beneficial bacteria actively consuming
bottom muck, helping restore a healthy ecological balance in the water body, and then
maintaining it over time.
Legacy CLEAR™ is available in the form of compressed tablets, the size of tablets commonly
used in toilet tanks for household use, for reference purposes. There are eight tablets per
pound. The tablets are easy for workmen to apply simply by throwing them into different parts of
a pond or lake. They are also easy to disseminate by boat or plane.
- All natural, non-toxic, safe to use around people, animals, and water life.
- A nutrient reduction technology that helps reverse adverse effects of nitrates and
- No genetic engineering involved; bacteria species and strains are extracted from nature,
identified, studied, and painstakingly combined with multiple compatible bacteria species and
strains that combine to work synergistically in ponds and lakes.
- In aquaculture, reduces the need for antibiotics, which can help make pond-grown seafood
products more marketable.
- Helps remove water fowl excrement from the water through natural decomposition
- Improves water quality to support all forms of water life, from the smallest forms (bacteria) all
the way through other microbial life forms, fish, reptiles, birds, and mammals.
- Beneficial bacteria consume excess nutrients in the water that lead to poor or toxic
conditions, including the growth of algae of all kinds.
- The bacteria feed on the sediment (muck) that settles at the bottom of ponds and lakes.
- The bacteria continue to work as long as the nutrients they are targeted to consume are
- Removes organic pond and lake contaminants through natural biological decomposition
- Contains no toxic chemicals and is safe to use around humans and animals.
- Contains live cultures in spore form, along with nutrients and oxygen-producing metabolites
to feed growing beneficial colonies.
- Two-ounce tablets are easy to apply.
- First application is two pounds per acre/foot of water (350,000 gallons). Apply every two
weeks until improvement is seen. Maintenance applications are one pound every two weeks,
and can be reduced further from that point, depending on conditions.
- Efficacy is enhanced by aeration.
- Once healthy water quality is achieved, maintenance doses are significantly reduced in
volume, and intervals between doses can be lengthened in many cases.
- Must be kept dry in storage.
- Shelf life, kept dry, two years.
- Not compatible with copper sulfate, a substance frequently used to control algae, but is also
toxic to bacteria, roots, plants, snails, fish, and fungi.
For Best Results
- Ideal pH range of water to be treated is 7.0 - 7.5
- Effective product pH range 4.0 - 10.0
- Temperature range 40° - 130° Fahrenheit
- Product stability Two years when kept dry.
- Keep product dry until application.
- Apply three pounds (24 tablets) for every one acre/foot of water (350,000 gallons)
Follow Up Applications
- At each two-week interval, apply two pounds (16 tablets) for every one acre/foot of water
(350,000 gallons) until desired water quality is achieved.
- Monthly after water quality achieved, apply one pound (8 tablets) per acre foot of water
(350,000 gallons) as needed
What to Expect
Nature works more slowly than toxic chemicals. As a product based on the way nature works,
patience is required. Expect from two to four weeks to see visible changes in water quality. This
time frame may extend longer, depending on conditions such as chemicals in the water, the
depth of organic muck on the bottom, availability of mechanical aeration, temperature and
related factors, such as pH level.
It is wise to take periodic photographs to document progress in restoring a healthy water
ecology. Typically, one of the first visible signs of product efficacy is the appearance of organic
material floating to the surface. This is due to the biodegrading action of the product as it feeds
on the organic material at the bottom of a pond, for example.
As conditions continue to improve, the nutrients feeding algae will begin to decrease, and algae
will begin to die back. Dead algae may appear as floating debris on the surface. It quickly
As the ecological balance of the water body is restored, water clarity begins to be evident.
Water life is more apparent, especially at the edges of ponds and in adjacent wetland or marsh
areas. Creatures like frogs, turtles, and young fish become more numerous; insects like
dragonflies and water sprites are positive signs that water quality is improving.
- Available in one- and two-ton agricultural totes (large flexible containers made for transport
and for large scale use).
- Smaller packaging units are also available; 40-pound buckets, 15-pound pails.
- Unlimited product capacity given adequate lead times for larger orders (multiple tons per